0.6 miles from Washoe Lake
This unique private getaway in Washoe Valley sits on 5 acres and is perfect for personal, family or business gatherings. My nickname for the house, with its rare octagonal floor plan, is "The Labyrinth." It's an easy drive to Reno (20min), Carson City (5min), Mount Rose Ski Resort (33min) and Virginia City (27min). Lake Tahoe: Sand Harbor Beach (32min), Incline Village (37min), South Lake & Heavenly Ski Resort (44min). Perfect blend of 'being away from it all' and convenient-to-everything. You WILL need 4-wheel drive or chains during winter months when there is snow on the ground.
West from the Old 395 you'll approach on dirt roads. You'll hear traffic from the 580 freeway when windows are open. Sleeps up to 19 with use of all 3 queen sofa sleepers. This 3-level house is perfect for families to share. Let the kids bounce around in the 3-bedroom basement (which sleeps up to 11) while adults enjoy the main and 2nd story levels which each supply 1 king bedroom, 1 bathroom, and living area with queen sofa sleeper. There is also a 50-amp RV hookup. The garage is set up as a game room / meeting room (PowerPoint projector, rolling whiteboard, and extra tables & chairs available upon request), and would easily accommodate catering, seats up to 24 with advance coordination. It is fully insulated with heating and air, automatic garage door openers, 82" TV, couch, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, printer/scanner, water dispenser, ping pong table, foosball, and shuffle board. During warmer months enjoy upper & lower patios with propane fire pit & outdoor bar.
You have access to the whole house, which has 3 exterior access points: 1) a southern front door, 2) a northern back door between house and garage, and a separate basement door entrance on the east by the Aspen. There is UNCOVERED parking on the property for up to 8 cars. We are usually hands off, letting you create your own experience, but may swing by to make sure you have everything you need. We live in Carson City and are just a 15-minute drive away.
We are on well and septic. Our water is the cleanest in the county and we installed a reverse osmosis filter in the kitchen so you can feel confident about having pure water. We've never had a problem with the septic tank, so please help us keep it that way... don't flush anything but toilet paper!! There are only 7 residences off of our access road, so please be respectful of the quiet, slow pace the neighbors are accustomed to (please observe the 15 MPH limit). LOUD PARTIES ARE PROHIBITED. It's easy to hit the 580 freeway from the Old 395. If you're heading north to Reno, go north up to Bellevue and turn right. If you're going to Carson, simply follow the Old 395 south until it dumps you onto the 580 just north of Carson City.
1) Arrival Time: Please arrive after 4 pm unless a different time is agreed upon.
2) Shoes: Please REMOVE SHOES when entering the house. You can leave shoes in the laundry room by the back door in the boot trays provided. You can also keep them to the right of the front door, under the coat hooks. Clean shoes are okay in the garage.
3) Makeup: Please use the BLACK hand towels & washcloths provided in each bathroom for makeup removal… it’s tough on our white towels.
4) Keys: Please use the digital code you were provided for front, back and garage doors. When you are home, if you turn the inside levers to the vertical position you will not be locked out each time the doors close. Obviously, when you leave the premises please remember to turn the levers to their normal horizontal position so they automatically lock to secure the residence.
5) Heat & Air Conditioning: There is one thermostat in the hallway by the kitchen that controls the forced air furnace that blows heat throughout all three levels of the house. We ask that you keep it between 66 and 72 for maximum efficiency. For extra heat (and ambiance), there is a propane fireplace in the main level living area, and propane stove in the basement living area. For cooling (only needed a few weeks out of the year) there is a ductless mini-split system on the 2nd level of the house controlled by a mobile thermostat mounted on the south wall by the TV. The mini-split in the garage is for both heating and cooling.
6) Fireplaces: The main level fireplace is controlled by a remote mounted on the east wall by the couch. You do not need to take it off the wall to use it, and we ask that you leave it in place. Simply press the top middle button on the remote to turn the flames on and off. The basement propane stove is controlled by thermostat mounted to the right of it. For extra heat, this is the most efficient way to get it without affecting other levels of the house.
7) Water: We are on well water that runs through a softener and is tested every year. According to industry standards we have the best water in the county so no filtering is indicated and water is safe to drink out of every faucet. And… we have a reverse osmosis filtering system under the kitchen sink anyway. In warmer months we have water running down to the outside bar, but it is turned off from late October through mid-spring. There is no plumbing to the garage, but we have a freestanding water dispenser that provides Arrowhead drinking water. For hot water, flip the toggle on the back top left of the machine to the ‘on’ position about an hour before you want to use it.
8) Water Heater: We have a tankless water heater for the house, so you will never run out of hot water. However, there is a limit to how many gallons can be processed at any one time. You will have the best experience if you stagger usage... for instance, no more than two people showering at a time, and waiting to turn on washing machines and dishwashers until everyone is done bathing.
9) Outside Bar: During warmer months please enjoy the outside bar that has a sink and mini frig. There are outlets for serving up your favorite blended drinks and keeping your devices charged.
10) Septic Tank: Wastewater disposal on the property consists of one 1,200-gallon septic tank system. This system cannot adequately dispose of food particles or heavy paper products. Please dispose of food particles, feminine products, baby wipes, paper towels, etc in the garbage as such products can cause the system to back up. Toilet paper can be flushed down the toilets. When provided, please use exterior porta potty as much as possible to reduce the strain on the septic system during high use seasons.
11) WIFI: The Internet is through Viasat. We have purchased the best package money will buy, ostensibly 100 megabyte download speeds. We have had no trouble streaming movies or online videos. To reliably extend the service across the premises, we have created a Google WIFI network (7570) with one unit by the modem & wireless router in the closet by the back door, one in the basement, and one in the garage.
12) Queen Sofa Sleepers: On each level of the house there is a queen sofa sleeper. It comes ready with a clean fitted sheet. The flat sheet, pillows and comforter are located in the cupboards or closets closest to the sofa. When you are done, please leave all used linens and comforters on the floor by the couch.
13) BBQ: There is a 6-burner propane BBQ on the back porch for your enjoyment. The utensils & other BBQ supplies can be found in the cupboard to the left of the refrigerator.
14) Cleaning Supplies: there are a few cleaning supplies in the coat closet by the kitchen, along with broom, vacuum, bucket, Swiffer, along with the ironing board and iron.
15) Tupperware: There are storage containers for your leftovers in the middle drawer by the trash can. Rags & bags are in the drawer below that.
16) First Aid Kit: This is in the cupboard to the left of the refrigerator.
17) Emergency Flashlights: There is a hand held flashlight to the left of refrigerator in the kitchen, and also an extra work/flood light in the main level coat closet by kitchen.
18) Fire Extinguishers: Kitchen, basement and garage.
19) Television: We have 4 smart TVs that can be used to access your entertainment. The unit in the garage is also outfitted with Apple TV (mounted on the back, right side of the TV)
20) Bluetooth Sound Bars: For the ability to broadcast music wherever you are, you’ll find free-standing Bose speakers you can connect to on every level of the house (kitchen, master bedroom upstairs, basement), and one in the garage beneath the TV.
21) Phones. You should have no trouble getting service to your cell phone regardless of provider.
22) Charging Stations: You will find ample USB charging stations in every room of the house and by every bed to keep your phones and other devices fully charged. The only thing you need to bring is your own lightening or micro USB cords.
23) Printer/Scanner Units: There are two: one in the main level living room, one in the garage. You can use the HP Smart app to scan and send documents. Operation manual, paper and extra ink can be found in the drawers beneath each printer.
24) Fires: We are in an area that strictly forbids open fires. As you will see when you arrive, we had a close call with a fire that burned our northern 3 acres in the August 2018 “Berry Fire” which was caused by a large bird nesting on the power pole to the northwest of our parcel. There is a propane fire pit on the lower patio.
25) Gas: We are on propane gas. The tank for it is to the west of the house along the driveway.
26) Extra Tables and Chairs: There are 4 extra folding chairs for your use in the closet of the main level bedroom. If you need extra in the garage for a larger gathering, let us know. We have a custom table top that can be placed over the shuffle board to create an area perfect for catering.
27) Ice Melt: We keep ice melt on the back porch. To avoid injury, please use as often as necessary to keep ice from accumulating in all walking areas around the property.
28) RV hook up - 50 amp plugin